Going on holiday is understandably an exciting event for every member of the family. Much thought usually goes into the scheduling and planning, to be sure that all of the details are taken care of. However, when finalising your plans, don’t neglect the protection of your property and belongings that are staying behind. Here are a few things that should be done before you go on vacation.
Security and safety precautions
• Develop a healthy relationship with your neighbours and offer to keep an eye on their home, especially when they are away then they will do the same for you
• Secure your home effectively; close and lock all windows and doors
• Discontinue all deliveries to your home; accumulating newspapers are a sure sign that no-one is around
• Give a key to a trusted friend, neighbour or colleague; ask that person to check your apartment as often as possible; any deliveries that have been made to your doorstep should be taken inside
• Do not leave unsecured items on your balcony / terrace that can be easily removed
• If you have a burglar or intrusion alarm, inspect and activate it
• Secure all valuables and cash in an approved and securely fastened safe
• Do not keep large amounts of cash at home
• Unplug all unnecessary appliances such as televisions, stereos and personal computers (Note: take care not to turn OFF the power to any alarm systems)
• Unplug or turn off the ringer on all telephones and answering machines
• Please also refer to the Plants and shrubs section ‘While you’re away’
Tel: 800 EMAAR (36227) or int +971 4 366 1688 or email us at
email@example.comAll rights reserved 2013 Emaar Community Management LLCEmaar Properties PJSC is the Master Developer of Arabian Ranches.